How To File Complaint in Consumer Court? Step By Step Guidance in English & Urdu
Government of Punjab, Pakistan, which has been launching new services day to day for the convenience of its citizens, has now set up one more milestone in its services. It has been facilitating people of Punjab since the time it came in charge. Now, government of Punjab has established consumer courts in 11 various districts of Punjab with the intention to secure mass consumer. It seems to be really determined to protect consumer rights and is striving for rendering its services.
Points To Remember
If you face any problem or difficulty from the following mentioned when purchasing, you can now contact consumer court and file appeal.
· Substandard or expired products are being supplied.
· Ingredients, manufacturing date and expiry date are not listed on the product packing.
· Rate list is not displayed on the business place.
· Receipt is not given on purchasing. Or date, products list, quantity, price, shopkeeper’s name and address is not written on the receipt.
· Policy of returning paid amount or product is not provided before shopping.
· Supplying of services or selling of products through false and illicit advertisement.
· If you face any difficulty due to inappropriate services of any governmental or non-governmental organization or firm.
· Purchaser is not given product warranty, composition, sample and proper warning.
Procedure to file claim in consumer court is as follows:
Give a simple paper notice of 15 days to the business company/persons/shopkeeper to compensate your loss. Still, if the problem is not solve then file your claim in consumer court accompanied by your name, full residential address, national identity card and copy of the notice. Also attach any document proof, receipt etcetera, if available.
Consumer Court Punjab Helpline Numbers
Please note that there is not any due fees to submit request in consumer court.
For more guidance, contact Assistant Director (legal):
Lahore: 042-99213695. Sahiwal: 040-9200190. Multan: 061-9239130. Rawalpindi: 051-9242896. Gujrat: 053-3709033. Sialkot: 052-4291247. Gujranwala: 055-9201284. Bahawalpur: 062-9239014. Sargodha: 048-9230911. Faisalabad: 041-9239085. Dera Ghazi Khan: 064-9260292.
For further information and queries:
Directorate, Consumer Protection Council, Punjab.
Department of Industry, Trade and Investment, Government of Punjab.
135-J, Model Town, Lahore.
Phone #: 042-99232488, 99232490.
You can visit its website also i.e. www.pcpc.punjab.gov.pk. You can visit Facebook page also i.e. facebook.om/Directorate-of-Consumer-Protection-Council
You may read the details about consumer court and its procedure in Urdu in the newspaper ad given below this page. Visit arqumhouse.edu.pk daily for solution of your legal issues.
Consumer Court Punjab, Address, Helpline, Procedure in Urdu & English